Thursday, February 4, 2010

Google Adwords - Continued

Well, I think I may have figured out the problem with Google. Mind you, I don't know for sure BECAUSE THEY WON'T TELL ME. But I think I'm too sexy for them. ;) My guess is that when I created the ad, they ran some sort of filter on my entire site, and well, some of my fragrance names probably came up as naughty. Like Butt Naked and Opium. And those are very popular scents specifically requested by many customers, so even Google isn't going to make me get rid of them. I'm going to attempt to appeal the decision. I think if a live person looks at my site and sees that just because Opium is listed, it doesn't mean I'm selling drugs, and Butt Naked doesn't bring up anything naughty, then it will probably be fine. Again, assuming this is actually the reason I got kicked out.

On the plus side, my search engine optimization is working. I have no idea how or why. But I will just smile and pretend like I know what's going on! If you do a search in Google for Light My Fire Candles, my website comes up! Actually, my Light My Fire Candles Blog is in the #1 spot, which is fine because it links to my web page. (I'll make it more seamless when I learn how.) And within the top 30 spots, there are several links to my blog, a couple links to other blogs that have talked about me, and one link straight to my site. So that makes me pretty happy. None of that cost anything. It's something to do with how I set up keywords and stuff.

No comments: