Sunday, January 24, 2010

Where Have I Been?


I have spent the last several weeks working hard on getting my candle website up and running. Check it out! www.lmfcandles.com. I still have a lot to do. I'm still working on adding pictures and other items. But it's running, and everything works. I even had a good friend from Oklahoma who was nice enough to place an order to help me test it! Thank you Lisa!

If you are in the market for a website with a shopping cart, I'm using www.volusion.com for my hosting. Most of what you see is built in with templates and I could just customize different aspects. If you're trying to do it on the cheap though, it is not easy. I'm so glad I took some computer programming classes in high school. There are many changes I'm wanting to make for it to be prettier, but I just don't know how. I'll learn over time, and you'll see those changes if you frequent my site, but even something seemingly minor like changing the font, is something that I need to look up and figure out, then go in and alter the html code. So if you decide to open up an internet shop too, be forewarned!