Friday, January 1, 2010

Groceries 1/1/10

I still need to finish up my grocery budget planning, but I am going to do a post on each transaction as a way to keep myself on my budget, and also to show you how I'm going about staying in my budget. I will do a separate post on the specifics of my budget, and attempt to keep a running total as soon as I have all of that figured out.

Walgreens Transaction 1/1/10 $5.35
2 refill bottles of shower cleaner (need)
2 neosporin chapsticks (moneymaker)
3 packs of mechanical pencils (.19 filler)

I had a coupon for buy one get one on the shower cleaner. I needed it and had the good coupon. The chapsticks were 2 for $8, I had 2 coupons for $3 off, and it got me a $3 register reward to use next time. So they netted a dollar profit. I had a few register rewards to use from last time, and according to Walgreens rules, since I had seven coupons, I needed at least seven items in my transaction. I don't really need the pencils, but I needed something cheap to increase my item number without adding much to my total. So the pencils were what I picked this time.

So I spent only $5.35 for $28.73 worth of products, AND I have $3 worth of register rewards to use the next time I go.

No comments: