Thursday, October 15, 2009

Coupon Organization

I've been couponing for almost a year now, and you wouldn't believe the coupon mess around my house. I've tried several different methods of organization, and I just haven't found anything that works for me. The best way is to clip and sort everything. But that takes forever. Then clearing out expireds at the end of the months is a pain. Seems like a lot of work for nothing. In the end I usually go through my ginormous stack of random coupons one by one to find what I'm looking for. Not fun. But I don't know if I'll ever find a good method.

Here's the method I'm trying now. On Sunday when I get my coupons, I clip them, then put all coupons from that date in one envelope. Most coupon sites list coupons by the date they were in the paper, so when I'm looking for one in particular, I can just grab the envelope for the date, and just sort through that small stack. It seems to be working so far. I've also been stapling together like coupons so I only need to find one to have all of them. It makes them easier to clip that way too. I stack the like coupons, staple, then cut them all at once instead of each one separately.

If you have any other methods that you find quick and easy, please post a comment.

No comments: