Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Wednesday Wisdom


"A well adjusted person is one who makes the same mistake twice without getting nervous."
Alexander Hamilton
I came across this quote on a cobblestone when I was walking in downtown Hamilton. It made me think of how I've been feeling down from having trouble getting my business moving forward. I feel like everything I do ends up yielding nothing but more expense. I know that logically, all of the things I'm doing will add up to a total package that creates my marketing campaign. But I have a lot of emotions wrapped up in my business. On one hand that's good. It makes me passionate about what I do. But on the other hand, it puts a lot of personal stress into it when things don't work out the way I want them to. I need to not fear making mistakes. Mistakes are tools for learning. They are just as important as doing things correctly. I must not be very well adjusted, because they do make me nervous. But this quote reminds me that I'm allowed to make mistakes and it says much more for me if I keep on going rather than shutting down and feeling sorry for myself.
On the topic of Alexander Hamilton, I LOVE this commercial!

No comments: