Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Kroger Trip 8/18


Ok. I'm impressed with myself today. I scored some better than free Chicken Helper. And what's better than free you ask. It was 90 cents for three boxes, and my coupon took off a whole dollar! They paid me to take their food! You can't get much better than that.


So here's the run down. I paid a total of $19.71. Let's see. I got 4 boxes of Total cereal, 3 boxes of fruit snacks, 3 cans of veggies, 2 packs of pillsbury cookie dough, 10 rolls of Grands biscuits, 12 boxes of Chicken Helper, a package of chicken tenderloins, a bottle of terriaki sauce, 4 bars of Neutrogena soap, and a box of raisins.
There's only one type of the Chicken Helper that is on sale for that low price. Not sure why. But it's a type that my family loves, so it works for me. I made up three boxes of it, added three cans of veggies, made some mashed potatoes and Grands, and put it all together. It's like chicken pot pie without the pie. And an easy and painless way to get my family to eat extra veggies. And now I have easy leftovers for lunch for a few days too.

No comments: