Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I heart Vista Print

Well, I talked about the Vista Print email campaign thing a few days ago. I love it! I've sent my second campaign now, and it is such a useful tool. For all the reasons I stated before. I won't go in to all of the details again since you can just go back and read it. It's fun! It's only been a week and I'm already nearing the limits of the free trial. I have 45 email addresses to use, and I'm going to need to be entering more before my email next Tuesday. So I'm going to have to pay the $10 then I'll be able to have up to 250 email addresses. I anticipate that I'll be needing the $30 package by the end of the year. That allows me to have up to 2500 emails.

Anyone who has looked into advertising at all knows that $30 a month to make that many contacts is a reasonable price. As a comparison, think about how much 2500 stamps would cost. And think about how much time and effort it would take to deliver 2500 flyers door to door. Print advertising is more expensive too. This way you are reaching an audience that wants to hear from you. And if they don't, they can unsubscribe and you can stop messing with them.

Another point I want to make with this . . . I have attempted to send a mass email before. I have a huge list that I got from doing a bridal show. (Very expensive, boring, and a lot of follow up work required to get orders, I don't recommend it.) I had attempted to use that list to send a mass email a couple months ago. A lot of them were invalid email addresses, and a lot of people unsubscribed. With me doing it manually, that means I need to go through my list and delete those people. It's a lot of work. Plus, just sending the emails bogged down the system. I must have reached some sort of limit on outgoing emails because after about 100, they stopped sending. Frustrating and time consuming. And of the people that didn't bounce back or unsubscribe, I have no idea if it's hitting their junk folders and never being seen, or if they're ignoring it, or reading it or what. With Vista Print, if I see that a person isn't opening the emails I send, I can delete them from my list.

1 comment:

Emilie said...

I just ordered some business cards from Vista Print for the local coupon club I help run: http://kentuckycouponclippersclub.freeforums.org/

The Administrator of our site had already gotten some made for herself to hand out, and they turned out great! I can't wait to get mine to hand out to people in the grocery store who look like they could use a little couponing help. ;)