Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wednesday Wisdom


If your eyes are blinded with your worries, you cannot see the beauty of the sunset.

--Krishnamurti
This is a new category I decided to start. I find that with as busy as I keep myself, it's easy to forget what's important. Thinking over a saying or quote helps me to think about my life in a slightly different way. This particular one is so true. How many times have I been so lost in my thoughts and even though I'm looking right at it, I don't even see a beautiful sunset? Too many times to count. That was mostly during my commute home from work, so that isn't exactly an issue at this moment. But I do get side tracked with other things and forget to enjoy my son or my husband. Yesterday I had a break during the day while my aunt whisked my little one away for a day of spoiling. I was all over the place trying to get things done while I had the free time. Then when he was home, it was hard to change tracks. I didn't notice until my husband pointed it out that Dawson was being fussy because he hadn't had enough mommy time.