Monday, July 6, 2009

Update

Well, I promised more posts and a schedule, then I took a week off. Sorry everyone. The holiday weekend threw me off. Plus, I was just drawing a blank last Monday, and there is a total lack of good deals at Walgreens this week for yesterday's post. But I'm back.

This week Meijer is having a Meijer brand sale. This is great for those of you that don't like to bother with the coupons. You can get the store brands on sale below their normal low prices. Personally, I won't be going to Meijer this week because I do the couponing and am able to get name brands much cheaper than store brands. There is a coupon in the Entertainment book for a coupon for $15 off your next purchase if you get a new or transferred prescription filled in the pharmacy though. I may use that to get plants or mulch.

K-mart is doing their Super Double coupons this week. Coupons up to $2 will be doubled. In my personal experience, I've found that K-mart prices are high, so super doubles bring the prices down to normal for the most part. I've only been able to find a handful of items that end up being great deals. And those items typically sell out pretty quickly.

I'm still waiting for the Kroger list to update on The Grocery Game. Nothing stood out to me on their ad. I'm stocked up though if there aren't any deals, so I may just skip shopping this week.

I got some great deals at GFS on Saturday. No sale items, just their normal prices. We had family staying over, so we got a 10 pound thing of roast beef deli meat. We had them slice it for sandwiches, and it was only $30. $3 a pound! And it was delicious. Half of it is in the fridge, and we stuck the other half in the freezer for later. We also got 2 breakfast casseroles that were $10 each. This order totaled $50, so we were able to use our $5 off of $50 coupon from the Entertainment book.


No comments: