Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Under Construction

I'm working on my buttons tonight. It's coming along pretty well. Time consuming though. Check out my candle website at www.lmfcandles.com. I've put about thirty hours into fixing that site up. I've got a lot of content to add still. I'll be taking pictures of my things tomorrow and I'll hopefully have it looking much nicer by the end of the week. But at least I've got a header and buttons that I love, and all of the buttons seem to be working correctly.

I'm pretty excited that I found a Batman style font to use for my Business Mommy buttons. Although my hubby pointed out an important dilemma that I need to share. The initials for Business Mommy are not very pleasant. So if I ever want to use an emblem, I need to put some thought into what to use. Should it just be a big B. Or a big M. It certainly can't be both together. I'm thinking a big M would probably be best. Because it's also the initial for my last name.

I have mentioned before that I've been doing tons of research that I will be including soon. I've found some really amazing stuff. I wish I could share it all right now, but then I would never get the web design complete, and that's the hard part, so I really need to do that first. Expect to see several posts each day though. Just to give you a preview of what's to come . . . I've come across a wonderful artist that I'm going to be posting about. She has some really amazing products and ideas. I will probably be incorporating her ideas into quite a few posts. I'm trying to contact her to get some one on one advice that would be useful to all of us. I've also found quite a few blogs, and quite a few new tools that have been super helpful for me. I can't wait to share! But like I said, gotta get the hard stuff done first. I tell you, it's great being able to use free blog software, but it sure is tough if you want things to be a certain way. That's why so many blogs run down the page for so long. It's very difficult to put in extra elements. Thanks to Carrie at Money Saving Methods on my sidebar for giving me help with figuring out how to put in a bar of links across the top. That was not part of a standard template.

No comments: