Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Stockpiling Success

Well, I haven't been too much into the deal shopping for the past two months. I've saved all of my coupons and flip through to find what I really need if I know there's a coupon. But I haven't been all into it the way I was earlier on. The weather, along with a lack of super good deals has kept me away. Don't get me wrong, there have still been some excellent deals out there. But I'm stocked up. So nothing I really needed.

So here's the point that I'm trying to make. I have not done normal grocery shopping for a month and a half!!!! My family has been eating solely from our stockpile. I've made grocery trips just to grab milk and eggs.

So if you think about it, I've pretty much spent about $15 a week from January until early April. Then throughout April and May, I've spent about $5 a week. All of this made possible by using The Grocery Game and investing in a deep freezer to have room to stockpile. That calculates out to $220 for the year so far. In the very beginning, I did spend more than $15 a week though. So that wouldn't really be my number. But if I do $50 a month at GFS to stock up on meat, then my regular $15 a week for everything else, then it keeps my family in enough food to live off of for a while. Just think if we had been able to do this back when gas was up over $4 a gallon and food prices were outrageous.

No comments: