Tuesday, June 9, 2009

More Stockpiling Tips

Check out the Hip 2 Save blog on my side bar. There is a post there asking for tips on what foods can be frozen, and how to do it. There are lots of good ideas.

Now that I've mastered deal shopping, internet offers, and mystery shopping, I'm going to try to master something new. I'm going to attempt to make several meals at once and then freeze them so that when it's dinner time, I can just heat and eat. I'm hoping to also be able to pack lunches for hubby. The biggest thing that I'm worried about is my weight. If I'm making all of this food, smelling it cooking will make me want to eat it. But we'll see how it goes. It would be so nice to not have to mess with dinner on a nightly basis. I don't know if I'll ever get up to the skill level of some people. I swear, some people say that they only cook once a month, then heat and eat for the entire month. I don't think I have that kind of freezer space. I do think I will invest in a vacuum sealer this week though. I eat a lot of rice and veggies. It would be cool to have it in separate portions. It would also be good for my family if I can figure out the pasta and sauce thing. I love pasta, but I always fix too much and it always ends up going to waste.

No comments: