Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Kmart Doubles

You will need to search for more details. Deal matching and coupon rules aren't my specialty. But I have to let you know that there is an awesome sale going on right now. Kmart is doing a super double promotion. This means that any coupon up to $2 will be doubled. I made a killing today.

Here are a few caveats. Please do further research. Like I said, I'm not an expert on this, but I will share my knowledge. They are only allowing 10 coupons per customer, per day. There are a couple ways around this. The easy one is to split up your family and give them their own order, coupons, and money. The other way is to find your Sunday paper insert from last week. There is a Kmart page in the P&G one. In the fine print it says that the maximum is 75 coupons per customer per day. BIG difference. I was at Middletown Kmart today to argue it out with them. (Expect to have to argue if you want to do it, also expect that you might lose.) I won today. But they also told me that they were one of the stores that was limiting it to ten. Personally, I don't think they can get away with limiting it if you have it in writing. I was prepared to tell them that I get the Hamilton paper, and if it's in the Hamilton paper, and the store in Middletown, and in Hamilton is setting those limits, then which store does the 75 apply to? After that, my response would be "ok, I'll be talking to corporate to find out what's going on." I really don't know if it will work. But it always helps to go prepared with a couple of come backs if the store manager doesn't know the rules. This is true with ALL coupon shopping.

Another thing I noticed in both of the Kmarts in my area . . . the prices don't match other prices I've seen online from people who do specialize in the coupon matching. And the things that end up free, they're pretty much out of. I also didn't receive my Catalina coupons on P&G products. So I'm going to have to call the catalina company and figure out what to do. I've heard that they will mail you the coupon. And it amounts to $14, so it's worth the trouble. $14 is a week of groceries for my family. I'm going to do what I can.

No comments: