Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Funny Story


Ok, you know how I've been starting to freeze more things. On Sunday I cut up a whole bag of onions and put them on a baking sheet, then stuck them in the freezer. The idea is to wait until they freeze, then take them off the baking sheet and pack them in freezer bags. Well, when I was putting my macaroni and cheese muffin tin in the freezer, I didn't see my tray of onions. At first I just figured that they fell in between something. Could be a mess, but I was in a hurry, so I figured I would deal with it later. (A mentality that gets me in trouble time and time again.)
But anyway, I didn't think much of it until late last night. I was laying in bed and noticed that the blanket smelled like onions. So I started wondering what could have happened. Now I've done some crazy things in my day by accident. (Like the time I was running late for work and grabbed a soda and put it in my purse only to realize later that the can was open, and best of all, that I had shoved it in there upside down. So it was the equivalent of sitting there and dumping a can of pop into my purse. Yay me.) So knowing me, and knowing how busy I am and how I sometimes make stupid absent minded mistakes, I told my hubby that he should just check me straight into the mental hospital if it turns out that I put the tray of onions into the washer.

Well, I found the onion tray today. When I closed the lid on the freezer, they froze to the lid. So when I was rushing around, I only looked down into the freezer and not at the lid. It was above my head the whole time. So now my big mystery is why the blankets smell like onions. I think I might have pulled the blankets out of the dryer after chopping the onions. My hands smelled oniony for a few hours no matter how many times I washed them, so that's all I can figure.

No comments: