Sunday, May 17, 2009

Candle Shop Grand Opening 5/23

I haven't been posting much recently because I've been working hard on getting my candle shop up and running in my garage.  If the garage door is open, then the shop is open!  Even if you notice the garage door open before May 23rd, feel free to stop by for a preview.  If the door is open then I'm close by.  For now, ring my doorbell.  Hopefully I'll have something a bit more proactive in place soon.  We'll see.

I've been making candles and incense and incense bottles all week.  My neck is so stiff from working so hard on the incense bottles.  Those take some muscle.  The decorating part is fun, but first I have to drill them so the air flow is right.  Whew.  If you see me and I'm all hunched over, you'll know why!

Also, there haven't really been any good deals worth posting recently.  It's been kind of dry.  The KFC thing sucked.  There was another deal that was canceled that had been reported on Hip 2 Save.  CVS and Walgreens both have been out of stock on all of their good sales items.  So hopefully we'll get some good stuff soon.  Between the crappy sales and gas prices rising again it all kind of sucks.  Oh, and Redbox has stopped doing their free rental Mondays.  I think they're just planning to do it the first Monday of every month now.  

On the plus side, Southern Living at Home has a super deal this month.  Contact me if you want to order.  But any order over $30 gets a free item.  The three items that you get to choose from for free are valued around $45.  So that's pretty cool.  And next month's deals are pretty good too.  Let me know if you want to do a party.  It's a good way to get some freebies.

2 comments:

Carrie @ Moneysavingmethods.com said...

OK..next time I am Bridgewater, I will need to stop by. I am excited you finally have it almost up and running.

Congrats.

Southern Fried Gal said...

Hello! Haven't heard from ya in a while and now I know why! My computer died so I'm getting all caught up. Good luck on your opending and SLAH business! Let's chat soon!