Thursday, May 14, 2009

Blog Contests

I won the free glasses from the previous post!!!! Yay me. So now I've gotten a free eye exam by mystery shopping, and now free prescription eyeglasses. I'll probably have to break down and actually pay for my contacts. (The glasses are backup.) So first of all, this is an example of how you can use internet resources to save money by getting things you need anyway for free.

The other important point, many times the odds of winning a prize on a blog contest are much better than other contests simply because there aren't as many people entering. In this particular contest there were only 18 entries. Four of them were mine. There are usually multiple ways to get entries, and I really wanted to win, so I did all four. Also, I'm not sure how strict the blogger is at that site, but it appeared to me that several entries did not follow the rules and would have been deleted before the drawing. So pay attention to those rules, and have fun entering contests. It's a good way for bloggers to draw traffic to their site, and you'll see a lot of neat prizes that come from small businesses trying to promote their products. It's a lot of fun.

No comments: