Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Kroger Trip 4/22/09

I had a GREAT shopping trip at Kroger today.  I was a little worried because I had to get to the $50 after coupon level in order to use a $5 off coupon that I had.  I kept putting things in my cart and it looked like soooo much stuff.  I'm more used to the ten to fifteen dollar range since I've been couponing.  But I did it!  And I actually came in EXACTLY at my budget.  Which surprised the heck out of me because I only kept a running total in my head.  But I had to spend $50 after coupons, then $5 would come off, then I had a $10 gift card.  So I knew I only wanted to actually spend $35.  Then to make it even more of a challenge, I only had $40 in cash with me.  So there was very little room for error.  But I bought three packs of diapers, and a ham, and some steaks to bring my total up.  Once everything was rung up, it was over $90.  So I was sweating.  LOL

Then came the fun part.  The $5 came off.  Then $3 for buying 3 packs of diapers.  Then coupon after coupon after coupon.  My grand total ended up being 34.67.  Yay!  And I even got a catalina for $1.50 off my next order!  

So let's see.  Some of the major deals I got . . . Lawry's Marinade, after MQ 50 cents a bottle, McCormick grill seasonings - free, Johnson's Soap Buddies 7 bars for .50.  Ummm.  Capri Sun, 79 cents a pack.  Pads, 24 cents.  The ham was 12 dollars something.  And actually, I'll get the cost of the ham back when I submit the rebate for Unilever products.  

No comments: