Sunday, April 12, 2009

Decorating with Style

Ok, here's my first Southern Living at Home post.  Like I said, this is about ideas, not about selling.  The items in the picture are available for sale of course, but in particular, I want to point out how easy it is to serve up a simple but beautiful desert.  Just about anything would look amazing in a cute martini glass.  It doesn't take gourmet cooking.  Just some creativity.  Try a scoop of ice cream with a cookie.  Personally, I would be using some of the Breyer's ice cream that I got on sale last week at Meijer for $1.50 a carton, stick a Pepperidge Farm Pirouette in it, then you have an instant, inexpensive, beautiful desert that will impress your guests.  And the nice thing about using a martini glass to serve it, you only need to use one scoop.  It will fill the glass while keeping the portion small in order to save money by stretching the container of ice cream further, and cut calories.  

No comments: