Thursday, March 19, 2009

Walgreens Buckling Down

Well, I've heard rumors that the Easy Saver booklet with coupons and rebates is going away.  Today I had a prescription transferred for the free $25 gift card.  I usually go back and forth between Walgreens and Meijer for the best free money on prescriptions.  Usually I have no problems.  Today at Walgreens I was told that I could only do the transfer for the gift card on each prescription once for every six month period.  I don't believe it says that anywhere on the coupon itself.  I'm going to call corporate tomorrow and find out.  I'll let everyone know what the outcome is.  Walgreens is also starting to stick more closely to their limit rules.  Most of the time when it says limit 1, they don't care, you can buy as many as you want.  I've still been able to get away with going over the limits, and I'm completely prepared to put items back if I need to.  But I just wanted to let you guys know.  Maybe it's just the store I go to.  But I'll get to the bottom of it!  And if it turns out that the rules have changed on prescriptions, I will have list of six different places to transfer them to so I'll get my free money every month!  I know CVS matches coupons, and Rite Aid does some sort of deal too.  I usually take my new prescriptions to Target, then transfer to Walgreens, then transfer to Meijer, then back and forth from Walgreens to Meijer.  But like I said, Rite Aid, CVS, and I think Kmart has a deal too.  So I'll figure out a way to get all of the free money I can!  It takes organization, but free money is always worth it to me.

No comments: