Thursday, February 19, 2009

Disappointed

I went to Baby Pictures at Showcase Cinema in Springdale today.  They advertise it on their website as a way for parents to see movies with special amenities.  $5.50 to get in.  They're supposed to have changing tables in the theatre, and a concession cart.  It was a good price to be able to take my baby with me and not have to worry about disturbing other people.  It was expected that we would all be disturbing each other with baby babble, occasional crying, and extra rifling through bags for supplies.  However, I didn't notice that the lights were any brighter than normal theatre settings, and there were no changing tables or concessions to be found without waiting in the normal line.  Which means you have baby and diaper bag and everything in tow.  

I will be contacting the theatre management about these issues.  The website definitely misrepresents the once a month event.  He**, I could take my baby to any matinee and get a good price and there would be so few people in he audience that he wouldn't be too much of a disturbance.  So thumbs down in my opinion.  I'll do what I can to voice my opinion to the theatre and see if it does any good.

No comments: