Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Schedule and Organization

These are both things that I'm terrible at.  I've been working on getting organized, and it's slow going.  But so long as I'm making improvements, I can't really complain.  Especially with my primary goal right now being to save money.  Even that requires a level of organization that I haven't quite reached yet.  That will be my New Year's Resolution.  Get the house, my business, and my finances organized in order to remove a lot of the stress in my life.

Another thing that is difficult for me is to create a schedule that I actually stick to.  I think this is one of those things that is very important if I'm going to be self employed and mostly working from home.  It's easy to get caught up in other things and let the business stuff slide.  One thing that I'm doing to make that easier is that any appointment that comes up, doctor, business, or anything else, I try to schedule for early in the morning.  Not only is my mom baby sitting for me at that time, it also allows me to get my butt out of bed and in motion much earlier than I might have on my own.

Organizing and keeping track of the grocery stockpile is another challenge I'm facing now.  There are tips on the other websites that I have links to, but I've still not figured out my own way.  I have a feeling that will take some time.  

But my point is, I think these are things that are necessary to keep things in order for running a small business.  It may come more easily for others than it does for me.  

No comments: